Consultant Dalton Marais
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-12 oil-and-gas Johannesburg Gauteng 3 Lower Road, Monringside ZA 21996 ZAR 100000 5000000 5000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
We are looking Estimation Manager with +15 years’ experience in petrochemical, construction & E&I industry.
Job Title: Manager Estimation
Reporting To: GM Projects
Minimum Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university
Additional Qualification: Should be expert of Prima Vera, MS Office, MS Project, etc.
Minimum 15-20 years’ experience in Estimation / Contracts / Commercial. Should have ability do the take off for Piping, Structural Steel, equipment erection, painting and make estimation accordingly.
• Work closely with the management and provide support to the management in the proactive early identification of commercial risks and trends and the minimization of cost growth.
• Should be able to work as a departmental head by handling the estimation team of engineers of different disciplines i.e. Mechanical, Civil, E&I, Plants etc.
• Should have thorough knowledge in computing man-hours, quantity estimation of materials, getting quotation from raw materials suppliers etc.
• Should have experience in preparation of technical & commercial proposal along with the commercial terms and conditions.
• Thorough working knowledge of MS office (XL, Word) package is mandatory. The knowledge of software MS Project, AutoCAD and Primavera is desirable.
• Getting all the required materials and sub-contractor quotations and prepare the comparison statements to use in the estimate.
• Estimating by using any specific estimating software is an added advantage.
• Establish Tender and AFC (Approved for Construction) drawings quantity take-off and update the cost and quantity implication due to drawing revision/s.
• Should able to work commitment with in the given time schedule to submit the tenders with in the given tender time.
• Budget and Cash-flow statements preparation based on the estimation and issue to the Project Manager with Management approvals.
• Capable to handling estimation for multimillion-dollar projects in industrial, oil, gas, petrochemical new construction (EPC), Shut-Down Maintenance and revamp tenders.
• Maintaining the confidentiality until the bid finalization.