Mine Manager/Production Manager
Consultant Dalton Marais
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-122019-02-10 mining 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Coal Mining operation is looking for a dynamic and energetic Mine Manager/Mining Engineer with UG and or Open Cast experience with a Mine Managers Certificate for Coal Mines with a blasting ticket and contracter management experience.
Mine Manager/Mining Manager
- This position requires an incumbent who will be responsible to ensure the achievement of production targets in a safe and responsible manner within budget.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Determine, implement and monitor production strategies; activities; plans; reports and schedules.
- Identify potential business risks and ensure processes are established to manage appropriately.
- Procure external assistance and expert advice to provide assurance for design specifications according to best practice in line with Group strategy.
- Ensure integrity of underground and open pit expansion projects.
- Direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to mining standards, organisational standards and legislative requirements.
- Manage and ensure proper people development in the department.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to the Safety, Health and Environmental management programmes and objectives of the Company.
- B Degree or B Tech in Mining Engineering
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Coal Mines)
- Five years’ experience at Supervisory level (Mine Overseer/Mining Engineer)
- Registration with ECSA will be an advantage
- Underground and or open cast mining experience essential
- Valid driver’s license
- Sound computer skills
- Other Skills/Competencies:
- Broad technical knowledge of underground and or open cast mining operations and processes
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Mine planning and analysis
- Financial and project management
- Good business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking
- Ability to create team synergy, manage diversity and promote a high-performance culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication skills in English