Business Development Manager
Consultant Dalton Marais
Date posted 03 April 20192019-04-03 2019-06-02 engineering Johannesburg Gauteng Johannesburg ZA ZAR 100000 1100000 1100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
a JSE listed South African group specialising inthe Automation Solutions and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Mining & Minerals. Sub Sahara Africa. They are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person based in Johannesburg, to take over the responsibility and functions of Business Development Manager - Sub Sahara Africa. The person they are looking for is an experienced technically sales orientated, bottom line driven entrepreneurial business manager with a stable proven career history of managing substantial size sales / distribution businesses, preferably in the steel or related industries. Experience in Automation Solutions in the Mining & Minerals Industry is a none negotiable.
Business Development Manager: Mining, Metals, Minerals
Business development of the Mining, Metal and Minerals industries for Yokogawa South Africa and Anglo African Region (AAR).
Countries includes South Africa, Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Madagascar, Mauritius, Malawi, Swaziland and Lesotho.
Key Accountability and Responsibility
- Win Orders based on BD activities deployed by Yokogawa in MMM segment.
- Focus on mega and strategic projects in depth. Any single project with value more than ZAR 2 Million is considered as strategic project.
- Continue to establish visibility of Yokogawa into South Africa and Anglophone Africa MMM Market.
- Regularly visiting all customers to promote Yokogawa products, systems and solutions.
- Educate and help customers to identify value added solution with Yokogawa products and systems.
- Win Customer’s trust and confidence to establish long term business relationship with Yokogawa.
- Job location is Johannesburg and travelling extensively to all AAR countries as listed above as required for successful Sales.
- Shall possess good knowledge of/on: Field Instrumentation, Wireless, Analyzers, Control Systems, Level 3 / 4 solutions and keep updated proactively on developments and products features of Yokogawa.
- Shall possess knowledge on convincing customers with Digitalization trend in the MMM space
- To do site survey, identify requirements, generate enquiries, co-ordinate with proposal team to submit quality offers and close deals.
- Market Watcher for new projects, opportunities, developments in South Africa and AAR countries as listed above.
- To convert competitor’s base customers to Yokogawa.
- "Solution selling", exploiting synergies across Systems, PCI and Services.
- Obtain vendor qualification with all potential customers within the targeted applications.
- Determine target Projects and Customers to reach annual budget as mentioned in the last line.
- Develop major accounts for the Mining Industry by developing and maintaining customer relations.
- Develop the budget and business plans for MMM Industry.
- Plan and manage all promotional events for the MMM industry in cooperation with the Marketing Specialist.
- Maintain vigilance on the activities of all competitors, and channel this technical and marketing information to the sales team.
- Co-ordination and participation with all Yokogawa companies globally.
- Abide by the company’s business expenditure policies relating to sales and service activities.