Admitted Commercial/TMT Attorney
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 29 January 2019 2019-01-292019-03-24 legal Sandton Gauteng ZA ZAR 600000 601000 601000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
A top tier international law firm located in Sandton is looking for an admitted attorney with 2-4 years experience in technology, media and telecommunications to join their Commercial/TMT practice.
- Carrying out research on TMT legal issues including telecoms and media regulation, cloud computing, software development and licensing, content distribution, e-commerce, mobile payments, data protection and cyber security
- Supporting M&A and corporate transactions and other wider projects with specialist Commercial/TMT due diligence, research and ancillary contracts
- Drafting advice to clients on Commercial and TMT legal issues
- Drafting various commercial agreements covering supply, distribution, consultancy and advertising
- Supporting the Commercial/TMT team on largre-scale technology procurement, transformational IT and outsourcing projects
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of proposals, pitches, presentations and legal training materials.
- 2-4 years PQE
- A strong academic background, training and experience gained with a well-recognised firm, with an established presence in the Commercial/TMT sector
- A science degree or previous science background would be an advantage
- good drafting skills with keen attention to detail, preferably with experience in drafting basic commercial contracts (eg. NDAs) and the ability to contribute to more complex agreements
- Experience in deafting pitches and proposal documents for legal work would be an advantage
- Experience in the preparation of legal training material and/or delivery of training seminars or lectures would be an advantage
- Preference will be given to EE/AA candidates.
If you are an admitted attorney with 2-4 years commercial and TMT experience please apply today!