Associate (Corporate M&A and Private Equity)
Location Cape Town
Consultant Nicolas Rainier
Date posted 30 July 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
Webber Wentzel is looking for a strong candidate to join its Corporate Business Unit in Cape Town in an associate role. The role will support corporate partners focussing on M&A in the private equity sector, as well as private M&A and corporate matters more generally.
Responsibilities relating to the Corporate Associate position:
Provide specialist advice on all aspects of merger & acquisition transactions, with a particular focus on private equity funds (both public and private)
- Provide advice and expertise on all aspects of acquisitions and disposals by private and public entities, including cross border transactions and related regulatory issues
- Provide structuring advice including that relating to broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) structures
- Advising on consortium and shareholders arrangements, the management participation and funding arrangements and reorganisations for M&A and private equity transactions
- General commercial work including, inter alia, drafting legal documents such as Memoranda of Incorporation, Shareholders Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Sale of Business Agreements
- Drafting and lodging documentation for the registration of companies and trusts
- Compiling due diligence questionnaires, conducting due diligence investigations and compiling due diligence reports on target entities operating in a variety of sectors
- Attending to consultations with clients
Experience and qualifications required for the Corporate Associate position:
Admitted Attorney (Associate level) with 1-3 years post admission experience
- LLB degree with a solid academic transcript
- Working knowledge of company law, general corporate and transactional work including due diligences, drafting agreements, resolutions and other transactional documentation, and possess the ability to manage work streams, work efficiently across teams, delegate and supervise more junior professionals
The position offers the opportunity to work in a high performing and diverse team, access to interesting, challenging and stimulating work in a market leading practice, and the opportunity for professional and career growth. Initiative, self-regulation and being a problem solver would stand a candidate in good stead for this position.
Transformation is a key driver for Webber Wentzel, and will be taken into account in the recruitment process.
Apply today or contact me at email@example.com or 011 881 2417.