Salary ZAR500000 - ZAR850000 per annum + TBC
Consultant Nicolas Rainier
Date posted 19 January 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A leading law firm with an International presence, based in Sandton, seeks to hire a Competition Associate with 2-5 years PQE.
- To provide timely, well researched legal advice and opinions to facilitate informed and sound decision making by teams within specified deadlines
- To effectively manage, coordinate and present cases before, inter alia, the Competition Commission, Competition Tribunal, Competition Appeal Court and High Court
- To assist in the negotiation and conclusion of consent and settlement agreements
- Present and attend seminars presented by inter alia competition law department
- The candidate will focus on numerous local and international clients in high-profile mergers and acquisitions, restrictive business practices and cartel-related matters
- The candidate is required to take initiative and maintain the highest of work standards, while remaining results driven and working well under pressure
Required qualifications and requirements:
Minimum 2 - 5 years post admission
Law degrees from recognised tertiary institutions
SA qualified and admitted attorney (essential)
Good knowledge of the law and regulations
Command of Competition Law & Business Law
Experience in working with International M&A, commercial policy, commercial contracts and pricing strategy
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well renowned competition department at an International law firm. Known for their diverse and family like culture, this position offers a warm but challenging environment in which to work.
If you are interested in this position and possess the required skill set, please contact me on 0118812417 or on email@example.com.