GRR Regulatory Risk Manager
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-27 2019-07-23 legal Johannesburg Gauteng 20 Woodlands Drive, Woodlands, Woodmead ZA 2128 ZAR 500000 650000 650000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An international professional services firm is looking for an Admitted Attorney with 8 years PQE to join their Risk Advisory team.
Supporting the Senior Manager in the delivery of services to/at client premises on delegated engagement/projects Focusing on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. Developing high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters and setting the direction to delivering exceptional client service.
Specialized Technical capibilities:
Designing the Regulatory Strategy
- Ability to design regulatory strategies that enable proactive, forward-looking and data-driven solutions to addresss regulatory issues
- Adopting a data-driven and stakeholder-focused approach to devise regulatory strategies that increase compliance, while creating value for the company and/or stakeholders
- Anticipates and articulates broader organisational implications of proposed regulatory strategies
- Devising implementation and change management plans to successfully enable the desired regulatory strategy and ensure alignment with overal organisational goals
- Helping clients identify potential regulatory risks by providing insights on regulatory changes
Enables Regulatory Change/Response Programs
- Addressing client's gaps with relevant regulations by designing prioritized and data-driven regulatory compliance and response solutions
- Leveraging results of regulatory compliance current state assessments to inform need-based and data-driven solutions
- Designing or improving regulatory reporting processes to align with regulatory strategy and reducing inefficiencies
- Developing policies and procedures to maximize compliance with actual and progressive regulatory reguirements and to improve operational efficiency.
- Admitted Attorney
- 5 to 8 years post-admission experience with regulatory compliance matters in the financial services industry or experience in reviewing and drafting financial crime policies
- Preference will be given to EE/AA candidates.