Junior Projects Lawyer
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 22 March 20192019-03-25 2019-05-21 legal Sandton Gauteng 61 Katherine Street, Sandhurst, Sandton ZA 2196 ZAR 600000 601000 601000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
A top tier international law firm based in Sandton is looking for a Junior Projects Lawyer to join their team in Johannesburg.
The Finance and Projects team carries out a wide range of work focused on the energy and infrastructure sectors, including project finance, PPP, front-end construction and sector-focused acquisitions and joint ventures in the Middle East, Asia and Africa. Clients consist of a number of international banks, development banks, government entitites, construction companies, infrastructure asset owners/sponsors and developers. The opportunity includes:
- The very best national and international projects work
- Responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships
- Genuine long-term career prospects supported through a "best in class" training and personal development programmes
- Good experience in commercial contracts of all types including some construction and procurement experience
- Serious exposure to al least one of the following areas: power/energy projects and/or infrastructure PPP
- Exposure to working with development financing institutions to help develop infrastructure-related legal frameworks (public procurement, PPP) in African countries.
- Admitted Attorney
- Strong academic background
- Demonstrated interest and history in public law, as the practice has both a regulatory and transactional focus
- Post-graduate studies in an area of public law will be advantageous
- Knowledge of or experience in commercial law and contract law will also be very helpful.
If you are an Admitted Attorney with a demonstrated interest and history in public law and corporate commercial law, looking to join an international law firm and take the next step in your career please apply today!