Senior Tax Associate
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 29 November 2018 2018-11-292019-01-26 legal 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Big 5 South African law firm is looking for a Senior Associate to join their Tax team.
As a Senior Associate/Tax Manager your responsibilities will consist primarily of corporate tax consulting including tax research, drafting tax opinions and providing tax advice with regards to merger and acquisition transactions and assisting on other tax related projects.
- Liasing with colleagues and clients to provide corporate tax consulting services
- Advising clients on complex tax technical matters
- Producing high level and detailed tax opinions that add value to client's businesses
- Managing a range of tax assignments and reporting to Directors
- Advising on mergers and acquisitions, including tax structuring, applying to SARS for binding rulings, assisting with implementation
- Performing tax reviews as part of due diligences
- Performing tax related research
- Assessing commercial facts and applying the appropriate tax law
- Interpreting tax legislation
- Liasing with SARS and handling queries raised by SARS
- Attending to tax dispute resolution matters for clients.
- LLB (admitted attorney preferred) or BCom Accounting Degree (qualified CA (SA) preferred)
- Minimum 4-5 years post qualification experience in Tax
- Postgraduate qualification in Tax or Masters in Tax (preferred)
- Strong writing and research skills.