Environmental and Regulatory Lawyer
Salary ZAR500000 - ZAR600000 per annum
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 20 August 2018 2018-08-202018-10-16 legal 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A top tier international law firm based in Sandton is looking for an Environmental Law Associate with 2-3 years Post Articles Experience to join their Environmental and Regulatory team.
Undertaking due diligences of various entities and giving advice on environmental and petroleum legal requirements
- Advising on the regulatory regime in terms of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act
- Advising various companies on aspects of protected areas in respect of their exploration and production prospects
- Undertaking environmental legal assessments and/or due diligences focused on addressing legislative compliance for different operations including various mining, industrial, reneweable energy and other operations
- Advising on authorisation processes and related reports (including Environmental Impact Assessments, water, waste and atmospheric emissions licensing) in respect of various operations.
- Admitted Attorney
- 2-3 years Post Qualification Experience in Environmental Law and Regulatory gained at a law firm
- LLM in Environmental Law advantageous
- Preference will be given to EE/AA candidates.
If you are an environmental lawyer looking to join a top tier international law firm and take the next step in your career, please apply today!