Corporate Commercial Lawyer - Angola
Salary ZAR900000 - ZAR1200000 per annum
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 15 July 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A leading global Investement Management Firm is looking for a corporate commercial lawyer to head up their legal operations in Luanda, Angola. The successful applicant will lead the legal function in Luanda and liase with the team in London to ensure synergy across operations.
- Leading the legal function in Luanda
- Liasing with the rest of the Legal & Compliance function based in London, the team in Luanda, counterparties and external counsel
- Assisting on all aspects of a transaction, from providing an initial "sense check" on potential transactions and legal issues through to assisting with execution and liasing with internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiating a range of documentation and facilitating government approvals
- Dealing with other miscellaneous legal issues for the Angolan operations
- Leading and motivating a team, while promoting a high performance culture.
- 3 years post-qualification experience
- Experience in general corporate and commercial matters, at least a portion of which has been gained in European, US or other developed markets
- Experience working with emerging markets
- Compliance experience will be advantageous
- Must be fluent in both English and Portuguese.
If you are a corporate commercial lawyer, fluent in both English and Portuguese and looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity please apply today!