Assistant Company Secretary
Salary ZAR570000 - ZAR630000 per annum
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 15 July 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A rarely available Assistant Company Secretary position has become available at a Health Care Organisation based on the West Rand. Reporting directly to the Company Secretary, this role offers outstanding career progression for an Attorney who is a leader in their field.
- Providing secretarial, legislative, governance and logistical support to the Board, Board Committees and Donor Structures, in accordance with Secction 88 of the Companies Act and King IV Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa, 2016 (King IV)
- Liasing with and advising Board Members, Executive Team, Board Committee Members, Divisional Managers and Branch Donor Committee Members where applicable
- Ensuring good corporate governance by, inter alia, ensuring overall adherence to good governance principals including King IV
- Administrative and secretarial duties such as ensuring efficient management of Board, Committee and National Council meetings including drafting agendas, preparing meeting packs, taking minutes and following up on action points.
If you are driven and determined with at least 2 years Company Secretarial experience looking to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
- LLB or CIS qualification
- 2 years experience in a Company Secretary's office or similar environment
- 3 years experience in a legal environment advantageous
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance, including King IV
- Knowledge of Company Law.