Vice President Company Secretarial Services
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 18 April 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity as a Vice Company Secretary has recently become available at a leading organisation operating out of Sandton.
Key Responsibilities of the Vice Company Secretary:
- Provide governance leadership for the group as a whole
- Ensure compliance with relevant company laws and other statutory and regulatory standards
- Report on functional performance
- Define and maintain a sound, overarching corporate governance strategy to ensure the highest level of accountability in the organisation’s decision-making processes
- Provide oversight of the full company secretarial function and ensure compliance with applicable corporate governance standards such as those set out in the Companies Act, King IV, JSE, NUSE and SEC rules for all group companies
- Identify best-in-class governance practices and incorporate results into the organisation’s governance strategy and decision-making structures
- Oversee key stakeholder relationships
- Review and provide enabling tools, including digital platforms and effective corporate governance performance monitoring
- Develop and provide training, updated policies, manuals, practice notes and procedures with respect to applicable corporate governance requirements
- Prepare reports and certify input into financial reports
- Update, monitor and ensure the corporate governance document management and retention policy is adhered to and advise on PAIA requests
- Advise on the structuring and implementation of updated governance frameworks, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, including those required to implement Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment transactions within the South African context
- Advise on and oversee the various AGMS and General Meetings.
Key Requirements of the Vice Company Secretary
- Postgraduate LLB or LLB with appropriate postgraduate experience
- Admitted Attorney
- Company secretarial experience within the private sector
- 12+ years in a company secretarial environment
- Track record of having advised a dual-listed company, listed on the JSE and on other exchange (preferably the NYSE) is preferred
- Knowledge of the South African and international regulatory and compliance environment
- Multinational business experience
- Preference will be given to EE/AA candidates.
If you are a driven attorney with extensive company secretarial experience and looking for a rewarding leadership role, please apply today.