Legal and Compliance Manager (Admitted Attorney)
Salary ZAR600000 - ZAR720000 per annum
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 12 September 20192019-09-16 2019-11-11 legal Johannesburg Gauteng HM Building, 9 Eton Road, Parktown, Johannesburg ZA 2193 ZAR 600000 720000 720000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A renewable bio-resource company based in Johannesburg is looking for an Admitted Attorney with corporate commercial and compliance experience to join their team!
- Ensuring that the company complies and cooperates with the relevant statutory and legal provisions
- Ensuring that the company implements procedures to comply with the new and impending legislation and codes
- Collaborating with other departments to direct, investigate or resolve compliance issues
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and implementing corrective action plans
- Prioritizing and analyzing laws and regulations applicable to the Group companies
- Liasing with Company legal advisors to obtain legal opinions and advice on litigation issues
- Updating management on legislative developments potentially affecting the industry or the Group
- Drafting and vetting of legal agreements
- Reviewing contracts before inception and renewal in order to ensure their legal accuracy and content
- Advising managers on commercial law, contracts and agreements
- Assisting managers with drafting contracts and agreements
- Effectively dealing with both written and verbal correspondence that has a legal bearing on the Company.
- Admitted Attorney
- Compliance risk management qualification advantageous
- 3-5 years post-admission experience in compliance and corporate commercial law
- Sound knowledge of Company Law (i.e. The Companies Act, Competition Act, global data protection, anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws), general legislation and legal processes.
If you are an Admitted Attorney with 3-5 years post-admission experience in compliance and corporate commercial law looking to take the next step in your career, please apply today!