Corporate Commercial/M&A Associate
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 29 January 2019 2019-01-292019-03-29 legal Sandton Gauteng The Place, Sandton Drive, Sandton, Johannesburg ZA 2196 ZAR 560000 680000 680000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
A well-regarded boutique law firm based in Sandton, is looking for an Afrikaans speaking Associate to join their Corporate Commercial/M&A practice group reporting to the founding partner. Salary will be market-related based on the candidate's experience.
- Drafting various kinds of agreements including share purchase agreements, subscription agreements, repurchase agreements, share exchange agreements, national vendor finance agreements, repurchase agreements, share exchange agreements, notional vendor finance agreements, implementation agreements, shareholders agreements, inter-company loan agreements and escrow agreements;
- Reviewing various agreements and documents during legal due diligence exercises and preparing due diligence reports;
- Managing legal due diligence processes and leading due diligence teams;
- Drafting and reviewing memoranda of incorporation, resolutions for companies and trusts and ancillary documents during commercial transactions;
- Drafting and reviewing various kinds of finance agreements including facility agreements, pledge agreements, guarantees, assignment agreements and cession in security agreements;
- Advising on various aspects of the Companies Act;
- Preparing client memoranda and legal opinions;
- Reviewing circulars and related stock exchange documents in a transactional context;
- Managing transaction signing and closing meetings;
- Managing and liasing with legal counsel in various jurisdictions in a transactional context.
- Admitted Attorney
- 1-2 years post qualification experience in corporate commercial law/M&A
- Excellent academic transcripts
- MUST be fluent in Afrikaans
- Salary will be market-related in line with the candidate's experience.
If you are driven, determined Afrikaans speaking Attorney with corporate commercial/M&A experience looking to further your career, please apply today!