Senior M&A Associate
Location Cape Town
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 15 July 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
An international law firm is looking for a Senior Associate to join their Cape Town office.
- Drafting various kinds of agreements, including share purchase agreements, subscription agreements, repurchase agreements, share exchange agreements, notional vendor finance agreements, implementation agreements, shareholders’ agreements, inter-company loan agreements and escrow agreements
- Reviewing various agreements and documents during legal due diligence exercises and preparing due diligence reports
- Managing legal due diligence processes and leading due diligence team
- Drafting and reviewing memoranda of incorporation, resolutions for companies and trusts and ancillary documents during commercial transactions
- Drafting and reviewing various kinds of finance agreements, including facility agreements, pledge agreements, guarantees, assignment agreements and cession in security agreements.
- Advising on various aspects of the Companies Act
- Preparing client memoranda and legal opinions
- Preparing exchange control applications to the South African Reserve Bank in a transactional contex
- Reviewing circulars and related stock exchange documents in a transactional context
- Managing transaction signing and closing meetings
- Managing and liaising with local counsel in various jurisdictions in a transactional context
- Giving training to juniors and clients in the form of presentations.
- Admitted Attorney
- 5 years Post Qualification Experience in general corporate commercial law or M&A.
If you are a driven, determined Attorney with Corporate Commercial or M&A experience looking to gain experience at an international law firm please apply today!