Banking and Finance Associate - Admitted Attorney
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 29 November 2018 2018-11-292019-01-26 legal 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Big 5 South African law firm is looking for a Banking and Finance Associate to join their Banking and Finance Department.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Provding strategic guidance to clients through strong market awareness and an understanding of key objectives
- Managing client expectations, deadlines and project delivery appropriately
- Collaborating across teams, departments and jurisdictions in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- Leadership and supervision of junior team members
- Recognising opportunities for business development, assistance with and implementation of group and firm-wide business development strategies
- Proactive engagement wtih clients both on and off deal with a view towards building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Assisting with billing activities and timely invoicing
- Providing transactional/banking and finance advice and assistance to the stakeholders involved
- Advising on legal and limited regulatory requirements
- Conducting legal due diligences on behalf of the firm
- Managing and implementing the firm's internal policies and procedures
- Providing continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of staff.
- Admitted Attorney
- At least one year in a Banking and Finance department in law practice
- At least 6-12 months post-qualification experience (PQE)
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Evidence of a keen interest in and knowledge of the legal framework surrounding general financing transactions
- Highly motivated team player with excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability of managing client relations, billing processes and practice management in general
- Preference will be given to EE/AA candidates.
If you are an Admitted Attorney with banking and finance experience looking to join one of the top banking and finance teams in the country, please apply today!