Banking & Finance Associate
Salary ZAR500000 - ZAR600000 per annum
Consultant Megan Korber
Date posted 13 April 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A very exciting position has become avialable for a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance Department at a top tier international law firm.
- Drafting and negotiating finance and security documents
- Reviewing and settling project documents (i.e government documents, construction contracts and equity documents)
- Conducting legal due diligence investigations
- Reviewing and co-ordinating conditions precedent for various projects to reach financial close
- Drafting and reviewing corporate documents
- Drafting legal opinions on the validity and enforceability of the finance documents and capacity and the authority of the parties to enter into the finance documents
- Providing all necessary advice and assistance to lenders in various projects (i.e. renewable projects, mining finance, acquisition finance, telecommunication projects, and portfolio finance)
- Advising Lenders on all legal issues relating to the bankability of the projects
- Providing legal advice to indigent individuals on a pro bono basis on aspects of refugee law
- Perform other general functions and duties of an attorney.
- LLB degree and completed articles
- Admitted Attorney
- At least 3 years post-admission experience in Banking and Finance
- Preference will be given to EE/AA candidates.
If you are a driven attorney with extensive experience in Banking and Finance and looking for a rewarding role, please apply today.