Consultant Zahraa Mahomed
Date posted 17 November 2016
Our client is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. We are looking for a Technology Engineer to fit into theirdynamic team and are open to an individual that has just completed his/her studies and is eager to learn. This position is to be based in Johannesburg.
The Technology Engineer will be required to provide and achieve company-wide innovation in the technology domain through research and development of new technological solutions and high level problem solving.
Key Responsibilities of Technology Engineer:
- Present/represent your specific technological research/input in presentations and meetings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business technologies, IT and markets.
- Conduct research and present innovation strategies to the Senior Manager.
- Software tools understanding and work with minimum supervision whilst producing quality results.
Understand the princilple of research and inniovation and how innovation is translated into practical deliverables.
- Prepare and deliver sound and correct reports.
- Trial, test and report on technology opportunities (Test and report on technologies and IT that is within 6-12 months of integration).
- Deliver communications (Presentations, Technical Papers, Reporting) that combine complex technology and business benefits succinctly to audiences as appropriate.
- Technical Investigations: Perform technical investigations into topics related to radio network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies and the evolution of PS Data i.e. EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, LTE, LTE-A & Wi-Fi.
- Requires knowledge of new developments in the field of radio network design, participation in tender process and network bids are examples of this requirement.
- Emerging Technology Scouting and Tracking.
- Emerging Technology Strategy and Roadmap.
- Identify and test innovation opportunities.
- Provide subject matter expertise in your discipline as required.
- Define End-to-End Network Architecture roadmaps.
- 3 year degree/diploma is essential.
- Preferred graduate or completed Masters Degree in Engineering.
Should you meet the above requirements please click on the link and apply!