Salary ZAR500000 - ZAR650000 per annum + performance bonus
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 22 October 20192019-11-04 2019-12-21 banking Johannesburg Gauteng 3 first place, Corner Kerk and Simmondsstreet, bank city ZA 2000 ZAR 500000 650000 650000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
About the role As the Data Engineer your primary responsibility will be to design, develop, implement and maintain scalable and robust data integration interfaces and data models required by Analysts, Product Managers and Data Scientists.
- Take ownership of end-to-end data delivery, as well as set and manage SLAs.
- Continually assess and redefine data technology to support changing data patterns and business use cases and to bridge the gaps between Data Engineering, Business, and Product.
- Work closely with Head of Data and the Data Architect to fulfil the department's quarterly objectives and ensure business deliver effective solutions.
- Design, build, and evolve custom ETL processes for feeding consumer systems.
- Design, implement, QA and deploy ETL transformations to enhance the Data Eco System.
- Ensure data quality is maintained throughout all managed systems and perform data quality analysis.
- Help ensure best practices and technologies are used in the department.
- Build infrastructure to automate extremely high volumes of data delivery and creatively solve data volume and scaling challenges.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of innovative solutions to difficult problems.
Qualifications an experience needed:
- Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Maths, Stats, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Physics or Actuarial Science
- Strong Business Intelligence architecture and development skills with SAS Business Intelligence tools such as SAS Enterprise guide
- Experience in SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Management Console
- Experience in UNIX, LINUX an advantage
The company is a highly sought-after employer of choice and is a fantastic place to work! To be part of the exciting growth happening in this business, please apply today!