Technology Data Analytics Manager
Consultant Zahraa Mahomed
Date posted 16 November 2016
Our client is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. They are currently looking for a Technology Data Analytics Manager that has experience in strategy, big data analytics and management. This role is based in Johannesburg.
The Technology Data Analytics Manager would be required to identify new growth areas, integrate within Network data end users on the critical planning & operational processes, supporting systems and data sources and provide relevant reporting containing the insights to improve expenditure, efficiencies, customer satisfaction and to broader organization.
Key Responsibilities of Technology Data Analytics Manager:
- Drive and manage the delivery using cutting edge explorative technologies like Big Data.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
- Gather, analyze, and integrate data from staff and determine how best the information can be utlisied.
- Drive, manage and build algorithm that assist in finding new insights and drive the strategic intent of the organisation.
- Analyze data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Analyze relationships among varying types of data.
- Present information to users and answer questions.
- Manage the performance of all direct reports.
- Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary interventions.
- Assist in identifying and implemeting strategies, and plans needed to achieve the portfolios vision and build the capabilities to enable optimal delivery with input from relevant stakeholders.
Identify ways to fine tune operational processes, critical planning, supporting systems and data sources are in line with changing work practices.
- Design, analyse and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
- Identify Business Improvement and Optimisation opportunities that will result in improvement of process performance.
- Ensures effective and quality reporting and functional analytics is delivered to the business customers to facilitate effective decision making.
- Develop and drive the execution of agreed projects.
Drive the implementation, tracking, monitoring and compliance of Projects.
- Business Analysis in line with the methodology and guidelines.
- Identify ways to fine tune policies, processes and systems in line with changing work practices.
- Determine, document, and review requirements for projects within the scope of the value stream or impacting processes and systems.
- Forecast, plan, develop and review budgets and long range plans in line with financial requirements.
- Ensure that budgets (Capex and Opex) are optimised and aligned with business requirements.
- 3 year tertiary qualification essential.
- Honours or Masters qualification would be advantageous.
- Prior experience as a Technology Data Analytics Manager
- Minimum on 5 years experience in telecommunications or mobile technology and IT.
- Must have management / supervisory experience.
- Must have experience in strategy and big data analytics.