Salary ZAR850000 - ZAR1100000 per annum
Consultant Kirsten Carabott
Date posted 01 November 20192019-11-01 2019-12-31 medical-and-nursing Johannesburg Gauteng 76 Maude Street Sandton ZA ZAR 850000 1100000 1100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A listed Health-care Brand operating in South Africa, is looking for a Data Scientist to join their Head Office Function supporting the implementation of new Data Strategy . This is a key role aimed at building a long term , sustainable capability in the Data Science and Analytics area.
This is key role aimed at the creation and delivery of data-driven measurements, analytics, insights and analysis to provide value to the business unit.
Key responsibilities in the Data Scientist role will include:
- Performance of modelling complex organisational problems, discovering insights and identifying business opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques (Machine Learning/AI)
- Problem definition, data cleansing, hypothesis generation and testing, model training and testing.
- Perform data pre-processing (Manipulation, transformation, normalising, visualisation.
A successful application in the Data Scientist role will include:
- Relevant degree in technical topic (Honours, Masters,PHD) - Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics.
- Relevant project management certification (AGILE, Prince 2)
- Relevant data science certifications (Python, Microsoft, AWS, Hadoop, Big Data, Machine Learning, Cloud Infrastructure)
- At least 3-4 years of experience working on the successful delivery of data science projects,
- Proven experience in Python, R and their usage in the analytics environment (numpy, pandas,matplotlib, SciPy)
Should you meet the requirements, please click to apply!