AML, CFT and Sanctions Analyst
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 15 August 20192019-08-15 2019-10-14 accountancy Johannesburg Gauteng 4th Floor, 30 Jellicoe Avenue, Rosebank ZA 2196 ZAR 250000 303312 303312 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Overall Purpose of the Role: To assist the AML, CFT and Sanctions team within the Compliance Department in ensuring that the Bank complies with any and all anti-money laundering, countering the financing of terrorism and sanctions related statutory and/or regulatory requirements.
- Implementation of the AML, CFT & Sanctions legislative requirements and the Group's Risk
- Management and Compliance Programme (RMCP) for AML, CFT & Sanctions and AML, CFT & Sanctions Policy as it applies to the role.
- This includes:
- Processes and practices to ensure AML, CFT and Sanctions obligations are well understood in, embedded into the business processes, monitored appropriately and subject to review at least annually.
- Remaining abreast of AML, CFT and Sanctions behaviours, issues, policies, regulations, criminal typologies, industry best practices and developing trends within the industry.
- Manage the screening requirements of the Bank, including but not limited to, alert investigations, escalations, MI etc.
- Manage the AML/CFT transactional monitoring alerts of the Bank, including alerting investigations, escalations, MI etc.
- Manage the AML, CFT & Sanctions regulatory reporting of the Bank via goAML
- Managing the goAML message board and responding to FIC requests.
- Manage the customer due diligence requirements of the Bank.
- Timely escalation of any ML / TF risk, breaches and / or spikes to Senior Management to ensure it as attended to and remediated within applicable regulatory .
- Compiling monthly statistical reports to management and updating daily MI statistics.
- Ensuring tasks are completed within agreed deadlines.
- Maintaining a strong team spirit and building and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders (internal / external).
Experience and Qualification/s Required:
- 2 year's experience or more in AML, CFT and Sanctions
- Forensic Accounting Degree.
- A Certificate in one of the following:
- Money Laundering Certificate
- Legal Degree (studying towards)