Consultant Catherine Patton
Date posted 28 November 2016
Leading media company is now looking to hire a Business Analyst to join their highly motivated IT team based in Johannesburg. This role would suit an ambitious results driven individual that is looking for a fast paced, dynamic company culture.
The Business Analyst will be the liaison between the Business community, Technical Solutions teams and vendors ensuring that business needs are met. They would need to understand business requirements through analysing the solutions available within the group or vendors and provide the business with the best feasible solution. This individual will report into the Head of Subscriber Management.
Key Responsibilities of a Buisness Analyst:
- Track the Business trends for the industry, investigate and present new solutions to the various business units to keep the company aware and in line with new trends.
- Receive/extract, understand and investigate the business requirement from all the group customers in accordance to the business strategy.
- Anticipate or adapt any new or existing business requirement, investigate and propose to the Business owners to ensure that the business remain current as the strategy changes.
- Liaise with all the various stakeholders within the division and the group companies to ensure understanding of existing end-to-end product offering.
- Provide the business with feasible solutions with suitable recommendations and budgetary requirement.
- Document the approved solutions for approval by the designated stakeholders.
- Provide business specifications with the necessary processes, use cases and detail and planning for execution after the specifications have been approved.
- Provide the configuration and/or development specifications including the required testing plans for the solution.
- Review the testing results to ensure compliance with the approved specifications or solution and advise management whether system is ready for implementation.
- Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications including ensuring that the procedures.
- Assist the Helpdesk analyst with resolving queries from the business.
- Research and identify new solutions to assist the business with growth initiatives .
- Provide feedback to the end user on a regular basis as per the agreed service levels.
- Analyse reporting requirements and provide the necessary specifications for development.
- Analyse interface requirement between any systems and investigate the various solutions and or provide specification or requests for proposal to source the best vendor product.
- Document and/or update business policy and procedures where necessary to reflect any changes in order to assist with the training and testing of new or updated solutions.
- Investigate, document and implement change control policy and procedures for the environment.
Minimum Requirements for the Business Analyst:
- 5 years experience within business analysis
- Matric is essential
- Tertiary qualification would be advantageous