The role of a corporate financier
Konosoang Asare-Bediako, Global Corporate Finance Associate from a global investment bank explains what to expect from this profession.
As an associate, my role involves:
- Overseeing the work of analysts
- Liaising with clients directly on mandated projects
- Overseeing various processes including buy and sell mandates
- Financial analysis and modelling on mandated projects
What skills does someone in your job need to be successful?
It’s an environment where you are privileged to work under and with some very smart and intelligent people and can therefore learn a lot.
- Affinity for numbers
- Advanced Microsoft Offices skills
- Must be able to grasp concepts quickly and easily
- Good grasp of accounting and accounting principles
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Driven, self-motivated
What attracted you to working in the banking & financial services industry?
The steep learning curve and the opportunity for travel.
What advice would you give to someone looking to work in the banking & financial services sector?
To be prepared to work very hard. It’s an environment where you are privileged to work under and with some very smart and intelligent people and can therefore learn a lot. Anyone looking to work in banking needs to be driven and be able to not only do well but thrive under pressure.
Looking for your next banking and financial services role? View the latest opportunities from Robert Walters.
Or if you have a friend looking for a new job, why not be rewarded for recommending Robert Walters? Learn more about our excellent referral scheme and refer your friend today.
Alternatively, find out your worth with the Robert Walters Salary Survey.
For more career advice please contact:
Lance Maree, Associated Director
+27 (0) 11 881 2407