Consultant Mbonisi Jamela
Date posted 05 November 2018 2018-11-052019-01-04 banking 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
An International Bank seeks a talented and experienced Risk Officer. Focused on internal control and operational risk management.
- Participate in the second line of defence to maintain the bank's internal control system and overall operations, as well as coordinating, monitoring the first line of defence’s internal control work.
- Conduct monitoring of the internal control accordingly internal control guidelines and plans for the bank and report the record to the VP Head in charge.
- Assist with VP Head in charge and inspecting of the second line of defence-related departments and supervise implementation of rectifications for any issues identified.
- Assist with the internal control team of CRMD and monitor implementation of rectifications for any operational risk issues identified by internal or external auditor.
- Assist with VP Head in charge by summarizing the implementation of internal control and operational risk management in the bank, and preparing the report to Executive Management, Head Office and local regulator.
- Market risk control (Middle office of market risk)
- Follow the risk control procedures and regulations covering risk identification, assessment, monitoring, prepare the risk and control reports as per the request from the senior management, the head office and the regional risk control middle office, and report timely to VP Head in charge.
- Conducting independent monitoring, inspection and assessment of the risk exposure, risk adjusted return, risk management, and internal control of the branch’s financial markets business.
- Actively, promptly and rapidly respond to and reasonably judge risk events, and provide risk recommendations and follow-up countermeasures.
- The following duties must fulfil as below in order to perform the above responsibilities.
- Exercise cross management of financial markets business risks.
- Meet the requirements Head Office and the European regional risk control middle office for risk control and reporting; by complying with the principle of specialised risk management and report to the functions of their risk management sectors in charge of different risks (e.g. market risk, credit risk and operational risk).
- Promote information sharing and cooperation with financial markets business lines, meet the requirements for business management and the risk reporting system, and take timely and appropriate measures to prevent and mitigate the risks.
- AD HOC works/duties may be assigned by the Management.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Proficient computer literacy skills & Good administrative skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in financial or risk management; Preferable requirements of experience and knowledge relating to the above.
- Licentiate Certificate from Institute of Bankers or a similar qualification
- At least one-year experience in banking sector.
- Knowledge on evolving of general risk of banking environment