Information and Data Architecture Manager
Salary ZAR900000 - ZAR1200000 per annum + inclusive of benefits
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 05 November 2018 2018-11-052019-01-02 banking 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
An opportunity for an Information and Data Architecture Manager has recently opened within one of South Africa’s Big 4 Banks. A successful candidate will be in charge of strategically expanding the Bank’s use of data; and attaining the goals and objectives by designing and implementing data management processes, solutions and internal applications, to be shared and applied across the bank.
- The provision of expertise and advice in supporting the information management and governance teams
- Design, and guide the development and implementation of various information, logic and data models
- Provide congruent data model implementation across various franchises
- Manage the alignment of new data products with existing enterprise data models
- Implementation and management of the data architecture, standards and procedures
Qualifications and experience needed:
- Minimum relevant qualification: B. Com, B.Sc. or Computer Science Degree
- 10-15 years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding and experience in the implementation of data management processes, procedures and support
- Experience in data architecting, data mining, large scale data modelling and business requirements gathering
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modelling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools
- Familiarity and experience with data science concepts
- Have a good understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies.
- Be experienced in business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design and reporting structures.
If you are an analytical thinking data architect with relevant managerial experience, able to deliver high quality data models, who is interested in working in one of South Africa’s largest banks, then please apply today!