Market, ALM & Treasury Risk Consultant
Consultant Tess Lean
Date posted 14 August 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
Are you an ambitious and results-driven Finance Professional with excellent quantitative abilities and 3-10 years experience in Modelling, Validation, the Actuarial profession, Market Risk and/or Asset & Liability Management (ALM)? Would you like the opportunity to develop your career by gaining international work experience in an internationally acclaimed, Big 4 Consultancy? If so, keep reading.
My client, one of the world’s most prominent and prestigious Big 4 Consulting firms, is looking to hire numerous Market, ALM and Treasury Risk Consultants to join their Market, ALM and Treasury Risk Advisory team in Amsterdam, which forms part of the broader Risk Advisory department.
The positions available range from Senior Consultant to Senior Manager level, so if you have anything from 3 to +/- 10 years of relevant experience (listed below), please put forward your application.
Principal Market, ALM & Treasury Risk Consultant accountabilities will include:
- Combining your strong quantitative inclination with existing knowledge/experience in the field of ALM, Market Risk, Liquidity & Treasury Risk to advise clients, mainly through the development and validation of models (core focus of the role)
- Using well-developed communication skills to provide clients with clear and concise explanations on various decisions made during the modelling phase, as well as the associated outcomes
- Supplementing model development/validation with additional activities such as capital assessments; liquidity; funding; stress testing and balance sheet optimization
- Leveraging strong analytical and commercial skills to facilitate the development of proposals and new propositions
- Offering your technical knowledge and expertise to make meaningful contributions to on-going research and articles
- Master’s Degree in Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Actuarial Science
- Relevant, quantitative work experience (for example, in modelling, validation, the actuarial profession, risk management, financial markets, ALM, or financial instruments)
- Demonstrable affinity with Mathematics and Statistics, programming experience is a plus
- Commercial insight and a talent for identifying innovative approaches to problem solving
- Persistent, pro-active attitude and willingness to work in a challenging environment
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, analytical Market, ALM & Treasury Risk Consultant to join a leading Big 4 Consulting firm in Amsterdam. The experience to be gained from involvement in such an organization should not be over looked.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity click to apply