Salary Up to ZAR84000 per annum + commission
Consultant Mbonisi Jamela
Date posted 03 October 20192019-10-04 2019-12-02 financial-services Bryanston Gauteng 1st Floor AMA Africa House, The Braes, 193 Bryanston Dr, Bryanston ZA 2191 ZAR 84000 84000 84000 YEAR Austen Morris Associates www.austenmorris.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/Austin-Morris-Logo.gif
Our client, a leading Private Wealth and Financial Advisory firm, are looking to build their current Business Development team out from 6 to 20 individuals, over the course of the next 12 months. They are seeking committed and ambitious young individuals, looking to start an exciting and prominent career within the Financial services sphere.
Our client is a leading and international Wealth and Financial Advisory firm specialising in offshore products.
This is a sales and new business-focused role, and will require a large amount of cold-calling. Therefore, personal confidence and poise, are paramount.
- Tertiary qualification (Degree or Diploma), preferably in a related field
- These could include: Finance, Investment Management, Accounting or any other BCom
- If candidates do not have a relevant tertiary education, but they demonstrate a high-level of intelligence, business acumen and are skilled in sales, they will be considered.
- Very strong command of language, both written and verbal
- An articulate individual, with a good sense of humour and warm conversational style
- Confident, persuasive and easy-going manner, able to build close relationships quickly, over the phone
- Very determined and target-driven
- A dynamic self-starter, who finds solutions for problems and doesn’t make excuses for failure
- Able to handle "curve-balls" and the unexpected, and react quickly and professionally
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
About the company
This is a Global firm with a presence in 50 countries worldwide, and excellent international opportunities in the long time. They differentiate themselves from competitors with a premium offering, the highest quality of service and the client-centric approach. As an employee you will benefit from a modern, flexible and high-performance working culture.
A strong background in sports has often been found to be a great match for sales roles, as you will demonstrate a competitive, energetic and team-focused approach. Having the ability to accept constructive criticism it essential.
Any prior sales experience, either formally or informally, would be beneficial but not critical.
Initial interviews will be around 15 minutes long, so you need to be able to make an impact and "own the room" as soon as you walk in, with a strong personal presence. The follow up interviews will include "pitching" over the phone.
Salary: R7,000 pcm (before tax) + strong uncapped commission structure and earning potential
The majority of your income once you are up and running, will come from commission on every deal you bring in
Probation period: 1 month, can be extended to 3 months at manager's discretion
On the job training: As the role is to start on the 15th January 2020 there will be an initial 2 week training and "orientation" period in the first 2 weeks of December to get starters up to speed prior to the December holiday period. This will be in depth and ensure that you are ready.