Senior Internal Auditor - Wealth Management
Salary ZAR600000 - ZAR650000 per annum
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 04 March 2019 2019-03-042019-05-03 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng 27 Sloane St, Bryanston, Sandton, 2191 ZA 2191 ZAR 600000 650000 650000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
My client, a leading Wealth Management firm is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor with an objective view point, to add value and bring a methodical and disciplined approach to Risk Management and controls. This is a strongly hands-on role, sitting directly under the Head of Internal Audit (who in turn reports to the Internal Audit Committee). It offers excellent responsibility and growth.
My client is looking for an outgoing, dynamic Senior Internal auditor - Wealth Management, not someone shy and retiring. The quality of the product that the new Internal Auditor is producing must also be excellent, and they must show that they are a methodical and clear thinker.
The new roleholder musn’t be afraid to get their hands dirty, as this hands-on role will involve every aspect of Internal Audit from Front To Back (planning and strategy, fieldwork, testing and reporting).
- Financial Services, especially Wealth Management, stock-broking, or Financial Planning
- Capital Markets or Long-Term Insurance backgrounds may also be considered
- At least 4 years experience within internal audit
- IT experience would be an advantage
BCom Degree in Accounting, Finance or Internal Audit
CA Qualification (optional)
- Audit planning, developing plan and getting approval
- Experience of auditing Wealth Product distribution platforms (for example Unit Trusts)
- Key Risk and Key Control Identification
- Definition of Testing strategies
- Population Analysis, sample selections and fieldwork
- Control Effectiveness testing
- Creation of recommendations and Internal Audit Reports
- Experience of peer review QC's/QA's
Ideal candidate and role benefits:
- Ability to be completely autonomous and be "left to your own devices", but also work closely with your manager, as that relationship will be crucial
- Able to be very efficient, the manager abhors admin, so this role will be less "admin-intensive" than most IA roles
- Open to new ideas, and able to suggest new ideas
N.B. There will be an element of travel for the role - circa 1 week every 2 months, to branches both in and out of South Africa
Please get in touch to learn more!