Financial Services Outsourcing Manager
Salary ZAR450000 - ZAR550000 per annum + Market-related
Location Cape TownFULL_TIME
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 16 October 20192019-10-16 2019-12-15 financial-services Cape Town Western Cape ZA ZAR 450000 550000 550000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a leading Global fund administrator and professional services outsourcing firm in Cape Town, has established itself as one of the leading players in the market, supporting the majority of Global and South African Private Equity firms. With their expert skills, they provide a Funds Financial Statement/ Investment Financial Statement (AFS) preparation service, as well as a monthly management accounting service, to a range of clients including family offices, fund managers, and private clients.
In a market-leading model which fits seamlessly with the business, they provide expert outsourced solutions across: Financial Management services, Accounting services, Tax services, and beyond.
In this role, you will demonstrate a proactive nature in taking ownership of client's requests, and looking for a way to improve and enhance their processes and systems. You will respond to requests promptly, for needs from bookkeeping, to the most advanced financial solutions within the offering.
This new business arm has already signed up a number of new clients and is growing. The Financial Services Outsourcing Manager will take ownership of the service line from day-to-day, and continue to grow the offering, working alongside an experienced senior team to do so.
Suitable candidates must already live/be based in Cape Town, or have a family home there where they are able to move at very short notice
Candidates already working in Cape Town will be strongly preferred
- BCom Accounting Degree
- QBE accounting who has completed SAICA/SAIPA articles + 2 - 3 years post-articles experience
- OR a newly qualified/1 year post-qualified CA(SA)
- Experience of supervising either accounting services or auditing services departments, at any type of business
- Experience of Fund Financial Statements/ Investment Financial Statements is beneficial
- At least 1 year's management accounting experience including preparation and presentation of monthly/quarterly management accounts (any type of firm from small to large)
- Caseware (Expert level) in order to prepare financial statements (AFS)
- Strong experience of Pastel
- Discuss with the clients, the monthly management accounting requirements in each specific case
- Oversight of monthly management accounting processes & procedures and Investment Financial Statements review (AFS)
- Dealing with SARS on the clients' behalf, including SARS eFiling
- Oversight of review, completion and submission of Tax returns
- Occasional assistance in the preparation of Investment Funds Financial Statements
- Supervision of teams
- Strong all round knowledge of accounting (VAT, payroll, secretarial, accounting, IFRS)
- Timely execution of tasks
- Strong attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven candidate looking for strong progression. I look forward to discussing further!