Private Equity Associate/Senior Associate
Consultant Mbonisi Jamela
Date posted 10 June 20192019-06-10 2019-08-09 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng 35 Fricker Road ZA 2196 ZAR 900000 1500000 1500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This role is suitable for a top performing professional that is currently in a front office deal making position. The ideal candidate will be required to work as part of a high performance team focusing on deal origination, structuring and execution.
One of the most experienced and most successful local private equity firms with over 5 funds and having been operating for 3 decades. Currently present and have transactions locally and across Sub-Saharan Africa.
About the role:
- Actively find and identify investment opportunities using formal and informal networks.
- Deliberate on origination ideas with Principles and Partners.
- Initiate sector analysis on predetermined sectors – understand the value drivers and valuation/ operating metrics within sectors.
- Compile research papers on sector analysis and identify potential targets.
- Coach analysts in sector research assignments.
- Create proposals for and attend client meetings.
Deal Evaluation and Execution:
- Manage deal team coordination to be able to maintain deal momentum and adherence to transaction time table.
- Aid in managing and scoping the due diligence process on potential transaction targets.
- Manage budget.
- Take accountability for the model (ESG scoping and making sure all findings are incorporated into the model).
- Financial Performance forecasting, multiple parameters and risk analysis.
- Translate quantitative data into qualitative insights.
- Review legal documentation.
- Create quarterly investment reports and valuations on portfolio companies, display in-depth understanding of target company and external market drivers.
- Watch over portfolio company performance and anticipate any issues.
- Assist in providing portfolio companies with support at a strategic level.
- Attend portfolio company board meetings and make valuable contributions.
- Coordinate and support the exit process, show insight into related exit agreements and contribute on pricing, timing and exit type.
- Provide and contribute to training, coaching , upskilling and oversight to Analysts.
- Share arguments and insights to help shape various deals.
- Build and nurture relationships with management and executive teams at portfolio companies.
- Help to create more capacity for the Principals.
- Build personal networks.
About the candidate:
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- EE (Employment Equity)
- CA(SA), CFA Charterholder, Candidate Attorney or Engineering designation
- Must have a minimum of 2 years in a front office and/or deal making role
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Experience on big transactions, and having worked with a reputable investment firm
- Preference will be given to candidates with Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Investment banking and M&A deals experience