Equity Research Trainee Programme
Consultant Mbonisi Jamela
Date posted 07 August 20192019-08-07 2019-09-06 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng Kathrine Street ZA ZAR 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A unique Equity Analyst Trainee Programme opportunity has become available at one of the leading Securities and Research businesses in the country. This will be an intensive training programme offered to bachelor’s degree honours graduate with 0-2 years of experience.
About the programme:
For this programme a superb work ethic is critical. You will be largely responsible for and learn about company and industry research which will prepare you to become a top and leading equity analyst.
- Initiating in January 2020 the programme will run for 12 - 14 months.
- Intensive training led by Head of Research, Head of Training Academy as well as mentors
- Video conference trainings with external trainers in the world
- First four months will be industry report focused with the remaining months focused on company report
- The company report initiates coverage of a company listed in that specific sector -this will be published with your name on it
- The industry report will be about a sector on the JSE – this will be published with your name on it
- You will be the lead analyst for that specific sector from day one and will be responsible for analysis of the sector
- Before the end of January 2021, you will embark on a roadshow to institutional clients in JHB and CPT
- CFA studies are compulsory with CFA Level 1 fully paid by the programme
- This is a unique opportunity to become an Equity Analyst
- R250k budget allocated to your training
- A monthly salary will be allocated to the chosen trainee for the duration of the programme
About the candidate
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree honours in Economics, Investments, Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Academic excellence is a non-negotiable with an average of 70% or above in honours required. IF YOU DIDN’T ACHIEVE 70% or more, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
- Good writing skills is required
- Must be a South African born citizen
- EE applicants only