Salary ZAR800000 - ZAR850000 per annum + performance bonus
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 24 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-23 graduates-and-trainees 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters
A rare opportunity for an Associate Principal has opened up at one of SA’s leading Venture Capital Investment and Business Development specialists, within the Deal-making team.
As the Associate Principal you will report directly to the Fund Head and will be responsible for the overall due diligence processes including the evaluation of investment opportunities as well as structuring and negotiating debt transactions. You will also work alongside the Post Investment Management (PIM) and Growth Support (GS) teams in order to drive SME value creation.
- Build and maintain a network of deal sources
- Drive value creation through post investment support
- Delivering value added assistance and support to portfolio companies
- Building financial models, investment structures and conduct financial evaluation to assess the security of the portfolio companies
- Manage a pipeline of potential investments and report to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that financial reporting, systems and processes of investees meet the required standards
- Drive financial performance and manage investees
- Ensure effective governance and best practice within investees
- Assist in the preparation of all monitoring and compliance related information and deliverables
- Develop and drive ongoing analysis, interpretation and compliance of all legal agreements relating to portfolio companies
- Help improve internal processes, procedures and policies to improve the fund’s service delivery
Qualifications and experience:
- CA(SA) or CFA preferred or a postgraduate qualification with strong problem solving and quantitative underpinning
- 5-8 years experience in corporate finance, debt / equity restructuring or business consulting
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- An MBA will be advantageous
If you are a high performing, self-starter and would like to work in an environment where you can really make a substantial difference, then please apply today!