Equity Portfolio Manager
Consultant Megan Roberts
Date posted 12 April 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A JSE listed financial services group in Johannesburg is looking for a candidate to join the Equity portfolio team in a management function. The role offers the right person the opportunity to be part of and gain experience in a multi-national company based in Sandton.
The purpose of this role is to manage, research and analyse equity portfolios. As Equity Portfolio Manager, you will be required to contribute to the equity selection process and portfolio construction process.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Management of investment portfolios
- Understand and maintain risk management processes
- Research, monitor and review current portfolios
- Make necessary improvements to enhance the investment returns
- Support the sales and marketing function by providing technical advice about portfolio construction.
- Monitor portfolio performance and report on it's performance
- Conduct equity research and communicate research findings
A Successful Equity Portfolio Manager Must:
- Be able to collaborate effectively and maintain strong working relationships across the group.
- Think strategically
- Grow and develop team members
- Be proactive
- Have great leaderships skills and business acumen
- Honours Degree in Investments or Finance
- CFA or Accounting and Economic Background advantageous
- 5 years relevant experience
- Understand financial markets and be analytic
If you meet the requirements for the equity portfolio manager role, please apply.