Business Intellegence Analyst
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-08-04 insurance Johannesburg Gauteng Building 6 - Bryanston Gate, 170 Curzon Road, Bryanston, 2021 ZA 2021 ZAR 360000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic Business Intelligence Analyst position has become available at a respected South African based Insurance Group.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Working both independently and in a team
• Engaging with senior stakeholders
• Performing data analysis and data mining on large data sets.
• Documenting business and data requirements.
• Documenting functional and technical requirements for large system implementations.
• Design and implement management reports and dashboards.
• Write, read and analyse various computer programming languages, for example SQL.
• Compiling presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Identifying and anticipating risks within projects and escalating such risks or concerns to the relevant stakeholders and direct manager
• Ensuring a high quality of deliverables and outputs on all projects.
• Continuously developing business knowledge and technical skills
• Holds a degree (minimum requirement) with strong preference for an honours degree qualification.
• Experience with SQL + Excel + Power BI + Python
• Basic analytical visualisations experience – one year experience (e.g. PowerBI and Qlikview)
• Have had experience in leading more than 1 analytics project with stakeholders
• 3 years + predictive modelling and machine learning experience will be considered an advantage (only if the candidate qualifies as an advanced analytics expert)