Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 14 April 20192019-04-15 2019-06-13 insurance Johannesburg Gauteng 2 Maude St, Sandown, Sandton ZA 2196 ZAR 850000 1200000 1200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
Our client, a Global financial service group whose core focus is to develop essential, complex and critical insurance needed for an ever changing world, are looking for a Compliance Officer for their South Africa office.
As a Compliance Officer you will be responsible for developing, promoting and protecting the Group’s trading rights and license in South Africa as well as managing the Group’s regulatory affairs activities and financial crime risk within the Group’s risk appetite.
Core tasks and responsibilities:
• Monitor all legislative and regulatory developments
• Manage Regulatory and Compliance Requirements and Processes
• Management of Financial Crime Controls
• Implementing policies and standards for the Group’s operations in South Africa
• Developing and agreeing on the regulatory relationship strategy with IRA and General Representative
• Degree level or equivalent, ACII/FCII, Legal qualification
• Must have Compliance experience in the financial or insurance sector
• Must have short term insurance experience and international exposure
• Must have exposure to stakeholder management within the South African Markets
• Must have experience in regulatory and government liaison and influence
• Exposure in managing complex projects and initiatives
• Experience providing thought leadership on regulatory issues and communicating complex information to diverse stakeholders
If you meet the above requirements for the Head of Compliance position, please apply online.