Operational Finance Manager
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 03 August 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
An exciting and challenging position has become available within a leading Insurance Company for a suitably qualified individual to fulfil the role of an Operational Finance Manager. About the Operational Finance Manager role: In this critical Operational Finance Manager role, you will assist with the refinement and management of the finance function for a several statutory entities within the Group. The role will entail a statutory, reporting and financial management component which will inter alia include the day to day running of the accounting function and providing finance support to the business (business partner).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for at least the following: Statutory, management and regulatory reporting, reconciliations and control, accounting, taxation, process development and refinement
- Implement and monitor service practices that meet clients and own organisation's needs
- Ensure that the Finance operating framework and model is adequately, but realistically, budgeted for through the development and implementation of a fit for purpose budge
- Ensure that all the Finance team members consistently discharge their duties in terms of the business strategy process, both in terms of analysis and continuous effective communication
- Build and maintain excellent relationships between the Finance team and key internal interest groups
The successful candidate will possess:
- B Com (Hons) Accounting Sciences
- CA (SA) - Preferable
- 2 to 5 years operational finance and reporting experience of which at least 2 years must have been at a middle management level, or higher
- A RPL (recognition of prior learning) process may be considered for this role in conjunction with minimum qualifications
If you meet the required criteria, please feel free to apply for this exciting opportunity.