Advisory Accountant/ IFRS Specialist
Salary ZAR600000 - ZAR700000 per annum + excl. bonus & banking benefits
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 15 November 20192019-11-21 2020-01-14 banking Sandton Gauteng Fredman drive, Sandton ZA 2196 ZAR 600000 700000 700000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
About the role As the Advisory Accountant, you will be part of the Group's Advisory Services/ Technical Accounting team, whose purpose is to provide support to the Group's divisions from an IFRS technical perspective. Their responsibilites include maintaining and updating Group Technical Accounting frameworks, standards, policies, processes and procedures using current industry standards and regulations. The team also provides CPD training to the Group, as well as drives ad hoc IFRS implementation projects.
Responsibilities of the role
- Provide specialist IFRS advice and support to internal and external stakeholders
- Preparation of accounting opinions, and maintenance of the accounting opinion database
- Participation in ad hoc IFRS implementation or improvement projects (of a medium to high complexity)
- Implementation and maintenance of internal accounting policies and procedures according to IFRS and best practice
- Monitor compliance and consistent application of policies and procedures by Group entities
- Maintenance and distribution of financial reporting frameworks and templates, including instructions for completion
- Reviewing Financial Statements for IFRS compliance
- Preparation of technical accounting content for the monthly communication distributed to the internal finance community
- Participation in SAICA and IASB discussion forums on new accounting issues.
Qualifications and experience needed
- CA(SA) is a non-negotiable
- Academic articles are highly advantageous
- 0 to 2 years post articles experience (if you have experience it should be within a similar role)
- Banking or Financial Services industry experience is highly advantageous
If you are passionate about IFRS and enjoy working in an environment that is innovative and supports career growth, please apply today!
Please note: whilst all suitably qualified candidates will be considered, the appointment will be made in line with the client’s transformation/ EE Strategy.