Regulatory Reporting Specialist
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 03 October 20192019-10-03 2019-12-02 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng 4th Floor, 30 Jellicoe Avenue, Rosebank ZA 2196 ZAR 500000 612000 612000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Regulatory Reporting Specialist role will provide support to the Head: Regulatory Reporting as well as support the Head: Treasury on an ad-hoc basis. The role will ensure compliance with SARB rules, regulations and directives from Bank Supervision and Economics department.
A successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensure internal audit trial is available for regulatory reporting functions to comply with regulatory procedures, standards and policies.
- Proactively manage regulatory reporting requirements.
Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Provide support on external and internal audits on regulatory issues.
Prepare monthly graphs to be presented by senior management in SARB graph discussions.
- Ensure preparation and diligent review of all daily, monthly, quarterly, half year and yearly BA Returns to the Prudential Authority (PA).
- Prepare and complete the BA Returns and ensure timely and accurate submission to the PA.
- Assume role as “verifier” and “authoriser” on various platforms as part of the Bank’s internal controls and settlement processes i.e. SAMOS, SWIFT, MAMBU and MMIS platforms.
- Review FO recon of the Bank’s SAMOS account between the core banking system and actual SAMOS bank statement.
- Annual review of the Treasury BO standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with Treasury’s operational risk requirements (implement new controls if required).
- Support/ prepare ALCO reports Regulatory dashboard and assist with regulatory audits.
- Assist with the implementation of specific projects e.g. Basel III & IV.
Qualifications and experience:
- Professional tertiary qualification with accounting in (ACCA, CA or CIMA).
- High degree of Regulatory experience and knowledge of the South African Reserve Bank Regulations, Banks Act and Banking Regulations, with apply these regulations to the day-to-day running of the bank.
- At least more than four years working experience in a regulatory reporting department of a bank.
- Must have high level of experience and knowledge of Heywood, DIX System, Basel III & IV reporting requirements, computerised accounting (SAGE)/ banking systems.
- A sound knowledge of accounting practice, statutory and legal requirements and all-round banking experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment.
- Eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability.