Sourcing and Supplier Governance Manager
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 12 September 20192019-09-16 2019-11-11 purchasing-and-procurement Johannesburg Gauteng 4th Floor, 30 Jellicoe Avenue, Rosebank ZA 2196 ZAR 600000 750000 750000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Overall Purpose of the Role: The purpose of the role is to lead sourcing transactions in collaboration with business owners engaging in a wide variety of stakeholders including risk, legal, security, finance and compliance. You will bring a passion for delivering outcomes that bring new services and suppliers to the business consistent with the group’s values and risk appetite; as well as to provide ongoing assistance with dispute management and commercial governance as needed.
- Sourcing execution in alignment with the Business; Sourcing Strategy; and negotiation strategy.
- Managing the sourcing process including developing supporting materials such as Request for Information, Request for Proposals and evaluation documents and executing the RFP process.
- Negotiating a binding contractual agreement.
- Engaging with the appropriate set of stakeholders to develop and gain endorsement for contract execution.
- Providing handover advice to the business owner around contract management including critical negotiation information.
- Ensuring the supplier baseline is up to date; accurate and available as a management source of information.
Governance & Risk Management
- Ensuring compliance with Supplier Governance processes, risk and compliance obligations.
- Advocate compliance to Procurement processes and technology.
- Provide and deploy appropriate process and governance to address all aspects of risk.
- Ensure that you comply with policies and procedures and any relevant external legislative requirements.
- Providing management reporting on both sourcing and supplier governance practices.
- Responsible with the Risk organisation, for identifying and managing risk of deals with internal and external stakeholders, escalating as required.
- Managing external suppliers to deliver value-added, competitive solutions aligned with organisational objectives and productivity benefits.
- Must have 5 years sourcing experience in the digital and IT sector.
- Tertiary Qualification.
- Must have Financial Services and/or Information Technology experience and demonstrable Financial analysis planning.
- Strong stakeholder management and commercial skills delivering significant business outcomes through strategic decision making, sourcing and where needed dispute management.
- Must be a strong-minded candidate with strong problem-solving skills in dealing with internal and external clients that are very difficult.
- Strong negotiation skills demonstrated through your experience in dealing with conflict and sensitive commercial negotiations.
- Experience in executing technology procurement; managing; delivering; executing technology projects and strong project management capability.
- Experience operating within the Preferential Procurement element of the BBBEE scorecard.
- Ability to think laterally and develop new and innovative solutions to problems.