Salary ZAR420000 - ZAR480000 per annum + Market-related
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 06 September 20192019-09-06 2019-11-05 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng Randpark ZA 2169 ZAR 420000 480000 480000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a leading Randburg-Based Asset Management boutique with a focus on Property, are seeking a Financial Manager, to cover the full spectrum of Financial administration and all aspects of accounting duties, across their R2billion property portfolio. This is a private i.e. unlisted business who have seen their portfolio quadruple to a current value of R2bn, in the last 4 years alone.
An excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company which is booming and are currently growing their global footprint into the USA with a new property development.
Reporting directly into the CFO and CEO, this is an excellent opportunity to excel within a global finance team of 3 people, and to encounter excellent challenge and progression
• Capturing journal entries
• Engaging with auditors
• Cashflow management
• Financial Statement preparation
• Financial reporting (including Statutory)
• Investor reporting
• VAT returns
• Income Tax returns
• Bookkeeping for the international business
• IFRS experience strongly preferred, where possible
• BCom Accounting (with or without honours year) as a minimum requirement
• 2 – 3 years of professional accounting experience, since graduating
• While this hire is not open to fully qualified CA(SA) candidates, any experience of articles/SAICA competencies would be useful (i.e. part-qualified)
• SAIPA qualifications and/or articles would also be considered
• Professional accounting background within a Property-related field (i.e. Property Management, Property Funds or Property Asset Management)
• The perfect fit will be an individual who is: friendly, self-motivated, ambitious, articulate
• While it will provide support, the company relies on confident, skilled individuals, who don’t require a lot of handholding
• Comfortable with growth and change
• Able to get through a lot of work quickly and efficiently
• While the work is not always highly technical, it is time-consuming and accuracy/attention to detail will be key
• A candidate who is more “practical” than “theoretical”
• Energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated
Market-related Cost-to-Company (CTC) with an annual bonus structure and share-save scheme.
Direct reporting line into the CFO/Deputy CEO. This is a close-knit office of 12 people and would certainly be a very rewarding workplace for any accounting professional
Please get in touch to discuss further!