Senior Manager: Internal Audit
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 15 August 20192019-08-15 2019-10-14 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng 4th Floor, 30 Jellicoe Avenue, Rosebank ZA 2196 ZAR 850000 1100000 1100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Role Description: As a Senior Internal Audit Manager, you will assist the Head of Internal Audit in providing reliable, value added and independent assurance to the Board, Shareholders and other relevant Stakeholders (e.g. external auditors, regulators, etc.) over the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment, in mitigating current and evolving risks across the business.
Responsibilities will include assisting the Head of Internal Audit with:
- Developing and setting-up an internal audit function.
- Application of the internal audit framework, methodology and charter.
- Maintaining the internal audit universe.
- Performance of business wide (universe) inherent risk and control risk assessments.
- Planning of internal audit assignments per the risk assessment.
- Being responsible and accountable for all aspects of audit execution such as:
- Walkthroughs; key risk and control identification as well as key control adequacy assessments.
- Definition of testing strategies.
- Population analysis and sample selections.
- Conducting fieldwork and control effectiveness testing.
- Consolidation of findings and agreed action plans (recommendations).
- Creation of internal audit reports.
- Obtaining management comments and agreeing internal audit reports with management.
- Finalisation and publication of audit reports.
- Finalisation of audit files in line with internal audit best practice and methodology requirements.
- Execute and manage internal audits within predetermined time frames.
- Building relationships with Management and Executives.
- Conducting follow up activities across the business.
- Budgeting and resourcing.
- Creation of board level internal audit meeting packs.
- Attending audit committee and board meetings.
Experience, qualifications and skills:
- Professional tertiary qualification with accounting in (CA) (SA), CFA, FRM.
- Internal auditor qualifications (CIA) would be advantageous
- Must have 5 years Internal Audit Experience in banking.
- A solid understanding of banking environments and of relevant regulations (i.e. Basel, Banks Act, etc.) would be advantageous.
- Relevant exposures to Banking through Risk Management, Operations, Compliance, etc. and other relevant occupations may be considered.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills (financial, planning, operational).
- Excellent relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.