Location Cape TownFULL_TIME
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-11 2019-09-08 financial-services Cape Town Western Cape Parc du Cap 6, Mispel Road, Bellville, Cape Town ZA 7530 ZAR 400000 800000 800000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The purpose of this role will be to assist in the consolidation and enhancement of group reporting on the financial and regulatory basis with a specific focus on the link between the actuarial and accounting groups and the role will be based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The IFRS Reporting and the Group Actuarial teams, i.e. assist with translating accounting impacts on the actuarial consolidation.
- Assist with tLink between the IFRS Reporting and the Group Actuarial teams, i.e. assist with translating accounting impacts on the actuarial consolidation. The consolidation of quarterly financial valuations on the various reporting bases (i.e. Embedded Value, Regulatory, etc.).
- Development and enhancement of processes within the team to increase ease of use and robustness.
- Development and enhancement of processes within the reporting environment.
- Liaising with and resolve queries for internal stakeholders.
Qualifications and experience:
- B.Comm Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Solid understanding of income statement and balance sheet analysis as well as group consolidation is essential.
- 2 -3 years working experience in a finance or similar environment essential.
- A good working knowledge of the MS-Office packages, specifically Excel is essential.
- Must have good working knowledge of Cognos Controller.
- Must be an analytical thinker and have good attention to detail.