Senior Finance Manager
Salary ZAR750000 - ZAR850000 per annum + performance bonus
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 24 June 20192019-07-02 2019-08-23 banking Johannesburg Gauteng 3 First Place, Corner of Pritchard & Simmonds Street, Bank City, Johannesburg ZA 2000 ZAR 750000 850000 850000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting new middle management role has recently opened within the Retail Banking Segment of a Big 4 Banking Group. They are seeking an energetic and technically competent CA(SA), who will report directly to the Segment CFO.
About the role
This is a highly specialised and business-critical role which entails extensive exposure to IFRS 9 and credit.
- Calculation and trend analysis of impairments and coverage for various products within the segment.
- Monitoring and reporting of the Advance book as well as insights regarding the business’s risk and credit appetite.
- Supporting the Credit and Collections departments with their operational finance needs as well as costing
- Partnering with the business in the provision of financial expertise and advice when it comes to IFRS 9
- Develop supporting processes that continuously enhance the delivery of financial services
- Planning and delivery of ad-hoc finance projects
- Management of the monthly financial reporting and analysis
- Stakeholder engagement – presenting findings to Steerco, highlighting the relevant risks, challenging the business and recommending proposals with confidence.
Qualifications and experience needed:
- CA(SA) with 3 – 6 years post articles experience
- Solid understanding and exposure to IFRS 9
- Exposure to impairments and credit provisioning of a large book of advances
Preference will be given to EE/ Previously Disadvantaged candidates, in line with our client’s transformation strategy.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be part of this exciting and dynamic area, please apply today!