Salary ZAR580000 - ZAR620000 per annum + inclusive of benefits
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 19 March 20192019-03-20 2019-05-18 banking Sandton Gauteng 4, Merchant Place, Cnr Rivonia Rd & Fredman Drive, Sandown, Johannesburg, 2031 ZA 2031 ZAR 580000 620000 620000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
A vacancy has just opened up at one of SA’s Big 4 Banking Groups. The Group is looking for a Qualified CA or CIA for an Internal Auditor position within the audit team focusing on their Asset Management and Group Treasury business unit.
As the Internal Auditor you will report directly to the Audit Manager and will form an integral part of the team responsible for auditing the governance, financial, business and operational processes.
Core tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in audit reviews, delivering audit outputs including final reports
- Conducting preliminary surveys of the area and processes under review (including process summaries and flowcharts)
- Perform risk assessments, identifying business risks and control weaknesses, and make recommendations for control improvements
- Development of an audit program, including the scope of the audit
- Performance of audit fieldwork in terms of the audit program
- Drafting of the audit report which includes the executive summary, detailed audit findings and management’s comments on the findings
- Liaising with the Internal Audit Manager to ensure that changes in scope or reporting timetables are agreed and that quality review work is performed at appropriate times
- Liaising effectively with internal clients to ensure completion of individual reviews
- Carry out debriefs with internal clients to communicate the results of the internal audit reviews
- Evaluating and monitoring of corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified
- Participate in internal departmental work (e.g. Board and Audit Committee reporting)
- Qualified CA(SA) or CIA
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in internal or external auditing (inclusive of articles)
- Banking, Asset Management or Financial Services industry experience will be highly advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and would like to join this dynamic and stimulating environment, please apply now!