Chief Financial Officer
Salary Market Related Benefits
Consultant Cherine Vorster
Date posted 05 February 2019 2019-02-052019-04-06 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng ZA ZAR 1000000 1700000 1700000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
Internationally listed FinTech company is looking for an experienced CFO (English and Portuguese speaker) to be based in Mozambique, to run operations in country. The role is best suited to Financial Services candidates fluent in Portuguese and English. Exstensive travel in country to various branches will be required. Corporate and Retail Banking understanding is eseential.
Purpose of the role:
The Chief Financial Officer, based in Mozambique will manage the company's financial resources in country and report to the Board or Directors. He/she will will ensure the global sustyainability, profitability and growth of the bank in Mozambique to transform customers and lives and embark on constructing a high performance culture for staff in all the branches.
- The Chief Financial Officer will form part of the Exceutive Management team and assist in the establisment and implementation of long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies for budgets in finance, administration & treasury departments of the company.
- Manage, develop and build on the company's relationships with local and international partners, lending institutions and the financial community.
- Manage a team of 5/6 staff in Finance, HR and Investor relations
- Implement and direct financial affairs of the company, including development and implemantion of financial controls to guid accounting functions in the company.
- Preparing of financial analysis operations, including interim and final financial statements.
- Provide guidance in the preparation of the annual budget
- Monitor financial performance in country
- Advise management on any accounting issues and the implications on the business
- Report directly to the Incountry CEO on all matters realted to financial administration, security and treasury.
- Provide Tax advise to management on all matters concerning foreigh currency transactions.
- Ensure that the company's financial resources are well managed and good returns are earned on investment.
- Ensure compliance on all internal financial policies.
- Ensure that the company complies with all laws.
- Sent monthly financial statements to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance
- CA(SA) or CIMA qualification.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Finance with 3 years in a Senior level role
- Registered authorized member with financial active signing authority.
- Knowledge of local Labour Laws in Mozambique
- Registered with the Ministry of Finance
- Results driven individual
- Strong communications skills in English and Portuguese (written and verbal)
- Professional and disciplined
Should you match the requirements above, and you are fluent in both English and Portuguese, click on the link below and take up the opportunity of a life time!