Finance Manager: Wealth Management
Location Cape Town
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 07 August 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
An exciting new role has recently become available at the Cape Town office of a JSE listed Financial Services Group. The Group is looking to appoint a suitably experienced and hands-on Financial Manager into one of their largest divisions. The division focuses on the provision of wealth management solutions and is a key contributor to the success of the Group.
About the role
As the Financial Manager you will be focused on management reporting and analysis and will report directly into the Divisional CFO.
- Monthly management reporting and critical analysis of numbers
- Monthly reconciliation of Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Liaise with external auditors and assist with audit pack completion and submission
- Income tax administration
- Preparation and consolidation of annual budgets and monthly monitoring of these
- Ensure efficient functioning of financial systems
- Establish and maintain financial controls to reduce financial risk
- Cash flow, treasury management and projections
- Assisting Regional Managers with any financial information
- Accounting for intangibles and more complex transactions (e.g. acquisitions, capital adequacy, IFRS)
- Represent Finance at monthly Exco meetings
- Manage and implement ad hoc projects
Qualifications an experience needed:
- CA(SA) – non-negotiable
- Min 1-2 years relevant post articles experience in financial services, with a preference for the wealth or asset management industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The company is JSE listed and is a highly sought-after employer of choice. To be part of the exciting growth happening in this business, please apply today!