Head of Operational Risk and Compliance
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 25 May 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
My Client, based in Johannesburg and an innovative and diverse business responsible for business growth and which have a focused strategy on Financial Inclusion, Digital Banking and financial literacy is looking for a Head of Operational Risk and Compliance.
As the Head of Operational Risk and Compliance, you will head up operational risk and compliance team in Operations. The AML, KYC and Operational Risk teams in Operations will report into you.
- Manage the implementation of appropriate operational risk processes and practices across the Group including the roll out of Risk Control Self Assessments (‘RCSA’), Key Risk Indicators (‘KRI’), Internal Loss Data (‘ILD’) and Incident Management (‘IM’)
- Review and challenge across both operational risk and financial crime
- Participate in regulatory reviews as required
- Participate as required in the audit process (both internal and external)
- Provide input to the development and implement relevant operational risk policies that support the integrated framework for operational risk
- Provide trusted advice on the optimal (risk v reward) treatment of key operational risks
- Champion the business partner relationship constantly seeking out ways of adding further value to the business through collaboration, coaching, education and appreciation of the business priorities
- Escalate risks, control weaknesses or compliance breaches that remain unmitigated and outside reasonable tolerances
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant finance/banking discipline
- Must have a deep understanding of South Africa’s banking industry, culture, regulatory structures, and customers.
- Must have 5 years’ experience in a management position dealing with operational risk.
- 5 years experience in supervision of people
If you are a dynamic individual who wants to be on the forefront of digital banking as the Head of Operational Risk and Compliance and you meet all the minimum requirements, then please apply on line.