Senior Advisory Accountant/ IFRS Specialist - CA(SA)
Salary ZAR700000 - ZAR850000 per annum + incl. benefits
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 25 January 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisory Accountant/ IFRS Specialist is available within the Group Advisory Services/ Technical Accounting Team of a large and successful Banking Group.
About the role
The purpose of the Group Advisory Services/ Technical Accounting team is too maintain and update Group technical accounting frameworks, standards, policies, processes and procedures using current industry standards and regulations. The team regularly provides training to the Group, as well as support to the divisions from an IFRS technical perspective.
Responsibilities of the role
- Provide specialist IFRS advice and support to internal and external stakeholders
- Preparation of accounting opinions, and maintenance of the accounting opinion database
- Participation in ad hoc IFRS implementation or improvement projects (of a medium to high complexity)
- Implementation and maintenance of internal accounting policies and procedures according to IFRS and best practice
- Monitor compliance and consistent application of policies and procedures by Group entities
- Maintenance and distribution of financial reporting frameworks and templates, including instructions for completion
- Reviewing Financial Statements for IFRS compliance
- Preparation of technical accounting content for the monthly communication distributed to the internal finance community
- Participation in SAICA and IASB discussion forums on new accounting issues.
Qualifications and experience needed
- CA(SA) is a non-negotiable
- 2 to 3 years post articles experience within a similar role
- Technical accounting experience within an audit firm or corporate environment (banking experience is advantageous but not a requirement)
If you are passionate about IFRS and enjoy working in an environment that is innovative and supports career growth, please apply today!